Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal 5/30/11



The Homeschool Mother's Journal



     In my life this week:  Not much school and a couple of fun days.  Had some personal breakthroughs though about my marriage.  Have been reading a great book and it reminded me that marriage is what I make it.  Not like my husband doesn't have his own responsibility, but it was a good reminder that what you put into something is usually what you get out of it.

     Places we're going and people we're seeing:  Field trip to the Insect Museum and Butterfly Pavilion.  Free day at the outdoor pool (and only 1 out of 6 kids got sunburned).  And a graduation party for my best friend's son, always encouraging to be around some homeschool moms who have graduated a child.

     My favorite thing this week was:  Honestly, we didn't do much school this week and my favorite thing was having some free time to do some of the things I wanted to do.  For example, I found the headstone of my great-aunt Margarett who died as a baby.  This was my Grandpa's oldest sister who died before he was born.  

     What's working for us:  One of my son's has quite a temper issue, and we have been trying a new technique where he journals/asks himself questions about what he responded so angrily.  This is actually helping him see that sometimes his response is not warranted and he is doing much better.

     Homeschool questions I have:   I am trying to figure out if next year I should have my 8th grade twins do biology with my sophomore age son, or if I should have them do it in 9th grade and my oldest in 11th.  My best friend offered to do biology with us so that I don't have to buy a microscope, but one of my twins has a learning disorder, and so I am wondering if it would be too much pressure for him to do it in a group.

     Photo to share:    At our field trip to The Butterfly Pavilion everyone in our family had a butterfly land on them.  I didn't get pictures of everyone, but this is a picture of one of my sons with a butterfly.


No comments:

Post a Comment