Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Homeschool Because....

   At one of our support group meetings last year we wrote out a list of why we homeschool.  I keep this list hanging on my fridge for those days when I need a reminder of why it is I decided to take on this journey.  While I believe that homeschooling is the best classroom environment for students, and I know there are academic benefits to homeschooling those reasons don't figure into some of the top reasons on my list.  So, here is my list of why I homeschool my children:

  • God called me to
  • My children are worth it
  • I'm protecting my family
  • I enjoy my children
  • I get to learn new things
  • It's my responsibility
  • We can all be together and learn together
  • I want to be one of the most important influences in my kids' lives
  • We can talk about God all day long (if we want)
  • I want my children to have good character
  • I want to know my children as intimately as possible
  • To promote positive learning
  • Because of the freedom and flexibility
  I am sure that you have your reasons too.  Feel free to share them.  Maybe I'll even add them to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment